PPL produces cloned calf
PPL Therapeutics has cloned a bull-calf called Mr Jefferson. The same company produced Dolly the sheep.
The calf was cloned from an embryos cell, unlike Dolly who was a clone of an adult sheep.
Mr Jefferson is a 981b Holstein. PPL plans to produce cows whose milk contains human serum albumin, a component of blood.
- Financial Times 24/02/98 page 25
- The Daily Telegraph 24/02/98 page 11, page 26 (The Market)
- The Scotsman 24/02/98 page 9
- The Independent 24/02/98 page 1
- The Guardian 24/02/98 page 5
- The Times 24/02/98 page 6