Prodi to make food safety a priority
ROMANO PRODI, president of the European Commission, has pushed food safety to the forefront of the Commissions policy intentions.
He is promising tougher laws as well as the prospect of an independent food agency.
In a speech to the European parliament, he said the Commission would bring forward a discussion paper on food safety, including options for a European food agency.
- Europe to tighten food laws, FWi, today (06 October, 1999)
- EU plans powerful food agency, FWi, 19 July, 1999
- The Independent 06/10/99 page 9, page 3 (Wednesday Review)
- Financial Times 06/10/99 page 9
- The Daily Telegraph 06/10/99 page 14