RSPCA rescues abandoned calves
THE RSPCA has rescued 13 calves that dairy farmers threatened to abandon at a wildlife sanctuary in Nantwich, Cheshire.
The farmers were trying to dump the week-old animals at Stapely Grange Animal Sanctuary as part of a protest over the end of the Calf Processing Aid Scheme.
- Farmers lose in great calf giveaway, FWi, 13 August, 1999
- Farmers dump dairy calves on Carla Lane, FWi, 12 August, 1999
- CPAS end hits calf prices, FWi, 04 August, 1999
- Desperate dairy producers to shoot calves as CPAS ends, FWi, 06 July, 1999
- The Times 17/08/99 page 2 (News in Brief)