Stirling Council bans GM foods
STIRLING Council has become the latest local authority to ban genetically modified (GM) foods.
Councillors ordered caterers to avoid GM foods wherever possible in school meals, meals on wheels, food for old peoples homes and council canteens.
Council representatives have already contacted suppliers and food manufacturers seeking assurances that their products do not contain GM ingredients.
- Government “boxed in” over GM food, FWi, today (02 March, 1999)
- Local councils urge Blair to ban GMs, FWi, 24 February, 1999
- More schools reject GM food, FWi, 19 January, 1999
- Council bans GM food from school meals, FWi, 01 December, 1998
- The Herald 02/03/99 page 4 (In Brief)