Friday saw the return of the RBI Achievement Awards.
For those of you that don’t already know, FW is owned by publishing giant RBI. Each year RBI thows a swanky do up at the Hilton, Park Lane to dish out awards to their top achievers. It’s a big budget do – in fact it got awarded the best Company Awards night at the Awards Awards.
This year “Pub landlord” Al Murray was the compere for the night and he cracked a few funnies at the expense of the front row. My favourite involved pouring a girl a glass of white wine, then reading from the back of the bottle “goes well with salad”, before hurling a clump of lettuce at the lady – “there you go, love!”
As well as being a free drink-up, with top nosh, drunken flirting and celebrity entertainment, this year The Awards were memorable for the fact the Farmers Weekly won editorial team of the year. No mean achievement seeing as we beat off stiff competition including New Scientist and Personnel Today.
Mr Food Chain also bagged a personal award for Features Writer of the year, so well done to that chap!
Anyway – seeing as loads of you seemed to enjoy seeing pictures of our beer-fuelled Xmas party, here’s some more party snaps of your award winning editorial. The official pics are due out later this week – so will post more up then.
The Flamingo skin tie had seemed
Cheesy does it …
An added reason
to book a
classified ad ….
An added reason
The hills are alive …
- A submarine – Mr News
- A decent right winger for Norwich… – Mr Deputy Arable
- A golden retriever – Miss Deputy News (easily pleased …)
- The Brighton Road car park and as many sports cars as are needed to fill the thing – Mr Machinery Reporter
- A Supercub aeroplane – Mr Deputy Farmers Weekly
- Iron Maiden – Mr FWi Assistant
- A huge flats in London, Barca, and a French country town – Mr Chief Sub
- Our local pub… which is still awaiting reconstruction after burning down almost 3 years ago – Mr Art
- A new knee – Mr FWi
- My dream farm in Glos, with the best pedigree lim herd in the country – Miss Deputy Livestock (ahh – how sweet …)
- A house near Farmers Weekly towers – so I didn’t have to drive round the M25 every day (and you need £125m to buy a half-decent house in Surrey) – Mr Farmlife
- Petter Solberg’s rally car and a load of Welsh forest to try it out in – Mr Arable Reporter