Two arrested in farmers demo at Caernarfon
TWO men were arrested after farmers staged a demonstration at a meat packing plant in Wales to protest at the use of cheap foreign imports.
Police used CS spray to restore order after the break-in and said last night that further arrests were expected.
Demonstrators went into the factory to gather evidence that foreign beef was being used and claimed to have found labels from New Zealand, Australian and Swiss meat.
A mass demonstration of farmers is planned for Blackpool on the eve of the Labour Party conference.
- Police use teargas against Welsh farmers, FWi, yesterday (17 September, 1998)
- Police arrest seven over Holyhead incident, FWi, 30 January, 1998
- Policeman seriously injured at Holyhead protest, FWi, 29 January, 1998
- Holyhead blockade ends in violence, FWi, 28 January, 1998
- The Herald 18/09/98 page 23