Unigate still eyeing up Hillsdown
UNIGATE said it remained interested in buying all or part of Hillsdown, despite earlier rejection of an offer of about 207p per share.
It said Hillsdowns food business would strengthen its position as a leading supplier of branded and own-label products, enhance its Malton business by adding poultry to the mix, and provide further expansion in the chilled prepared food sector.
Hillsdown said it would not comment until Unigate made its intentions clear. It said it had been concentrating on its restructuring and maximising the return to shareholders from the planned break-up of the group.
- Unigates Hillsdown proposals “stumble on price”, FWi, yesterday (18 May) Click here
- Financial Times 19/05/98 page 30
- The Independent 19/05/98 page 26, page 27 (Shares)
- The Times 19/05/98 page 31, page 32 (Stock Market)
- The Daily Telegraph 19/05/98 page 30 (The Market)