VDC welcomes new Genus bid
VDC, the York-based veterinary company targeted by Genus has welcomed the news that Genus has raised its cash offer from 190p to 220p a share.
Genus announced it had raised its offer days after VDC issued plans for a reverse takeover with Lawrence, the chemicals group supplying the feed and pet care industry.
- 30% profit jump for Genus, FWi, 27 May, 1999
- Genus extends offer for VDC, FWi, 19 May, 1999
- Genus attacks VDC plans, FWi,12 May, 1999
- Genus fights on for VDC, FWi, 11 May, 1999
- VDC moves to avoid Genus bid, FWi, 10 April, 1999
- Genus asks VDC to recommend bid, FWi, 07 May, 1999
- Genus offers £20.7m for VDC, FWi, 20 April, 1999
- Financial Times 01/06/99 page 22 (News Digest)