Victims of the banana war
THE Financial Times looks at the livelihoods at stake because of the trade dispute between the USA and the European Union over bananas.
The paper finds that many Caribbean banana producers are leading a precarious economic existence.
The article anticipates they will lose out if subject to the full force of competition from Latin American producers.
- Boycott of US banana brands, FWi, yesterday (18 March, 1999)
- Banana peace in the offing, FWi, 11 March, 1999
- Ceasefire ahead in banana war, FWi, 10 March, 1999
- WTO urges banana peace, FWi, 09 March, 1999
- WTO to hear EU banana protest, FWi, 08 March, 1999
- USA starts banana-war sanctions, FWi, 04 March, 1999
- Financial Times 19/03/99 page 7