Vote halts Mugabe land grab
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe was defeated in his plans to change the countrys constitution.
The government would have been allowed to appropriate white-owned farms, without compensation, for resettlement by black farmers, if the constitutional changes had received support.
- Mugabe links gangster gays to land grab, FWi, 08 November, 1999
- The Times 16/02/2000 page 16
- The Independent 16/02/2000 page 13, page 3 (Review)
- Financial Times 16/02/2000 page 12, page 20 (Editorial), page 21 (Comment & Analysis)
- The Guardian 16/02/2000 page 2, page 19 (Leader)
- The Daily Telegraph 16/02/2000 page 1, page 8, pages 14/15, page 27 (Editorial)
- The Herald 16/02/2000 page 15