Widower calls for CJD inquiry
A MAN whose wife died of new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (nvCJD) said yesterday he would keep fighting for an inquiry into her death.
Malcolm Tibbert, 32, from Glasgow said he was not satisfied with the reasons given by the Crown Office for the decision not to investigate his wifes death.
Margaret Tibbert died of nvCJD in January 1996. An inquiry into her death would have been the first of its kind in Scotland.
Coroners inquests into CJD have taken place in England.
- CJD death toll reaches 43, FWi, 03 August 1999
- One beef dish `could have caused CJD death, FWi, 26 January 1999
- Cystitis drug offers protection against CJD, FWi, 08 January 1999
- CJD epidemic looks unlikely, says top scientist, FWi, (16 October 1997
- The Independent 13/10/99 page 4
- The Herald 13/10/99 page 2