WIN THIS MITSUBISHI
You could win a Mitsubishi Challenger 2.5TD worth more than £20,000 in our free-to-enter
competition. Just read the text over the next three weeks, answer the one simple question
each week and send in the coupon in the Oct 22 issue
WELCOME to week three of the Mitsubishi Challenger competition. In previous weeks weve focused on the vehicles engine, gearbox and off-road ability. Now its time to turn to the Challengers creature comforts and carrying capacity.
Mitsubishi had a distinct niche in mind when it designed the Challenger. Unlike most other off-roaders, its a progression of the estate car. So its roof line is low enough to allow it into multi-storey car parks, and its dimensions are sensible rather than gargantuan. Not that it lacks ground clearance or off-road ability; if you get stuck its likely to be the fault of man rather than machine!
Youll not find things spartan inside the vehicle either. All models have power assisted steering, electric windows, electric sunroof, central locking, limited slip diff, engine immobiliser and radio-cassette.
Top of the range GLS petrol and diesel models add air-conditioning, ABS braking, alloy road wheels, front fog lights, headlamp washers roof rails, roof spoiler, luggage area cover and load net, burr walnut printed facia trim and a multimeter display.
All the cloth-covered seats have Mitsubishis fully-flat function, enabling the entire cabin to be converted to a sleeping area. Alternatively, with the rear seats folded flat, it doubles as a huge cargo area.
The drivers seat has height adjustment and the rear bench on GLS models has a useful 60/40 split and incorporates a fold-down centre armrest with moulded twin cup-holders. By folding both backrests flat, the available load length amounts to 2820mm (111in), or with them in place is still a useful 970mm (38in).
In the GLX version the double-action single bench can be reclined as well as tipped forward. Four hooks positioned on the corners of the cargo bed are useful for tying down bulky items with the cargo net.
So how can you win this vehicle? Simply answer Question 3 printed on this page, as well as Questions 1, 2, 4 and 5 published on the competition pages in the FW issues of Sept 24, Oct 1, 15 and 22 respectively. Then fill in the coupon that will appear in the issue of Oct 22 and send it to us. Its that simple.
backrests folded flat, what is the available load length in the
Challenger (in mm)?
Please keep a note of the answer and use it to fill in
the coupon that will appear
on the competition page in
the Oct 22 issue of FW.
READ THE RULES
1. How is the Mitsubishi Challenger GLX 2.5TD to be won? Read the text and then study the question that will be published in each of the FW issues of Sept 24, Oct 1, 8, 15 and 22. There will be a chance to answer all five questions and complete the
tiebreaker in the coupon that will appear in the Oct 22 issue.
2. No purchase necessary. The coupon is also available by sending an SAE to FW/Mitsubishi Competition, farmers weekly, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
3. The decision of the judges and of the
editor of farmers weekly will in all matters be final and legally binding.
4. The completed entry forms are the
property of farmers weekly and Mitsubishi Motors.
5. The competition is open to all readers in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, except employees (and their families) of Reed Business Information, farmers weeklys printers, Mitsubishi Motors and its dealers.
6. The closing date for receiving completed coupons is Fri Nov 5. They should be addressed to farmers weekly/Mitsubishi Challenger competition, farmers weekly, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
The prize is a Mitsubishi Challenger 2.5TD GLX.
Left: Some of the many seating combinations available.