Wiseman disappointed by southern sites
ROBERT WISEMAN, Scotlands largest dairy company, is reviewing six sites for development as a staging post into the London milk market.
The group intends to invest £30 million in a plant which will service Asda, Tesco and Safeway.
Robert Wiseman, the chairman, is disappointed with the facilities on offer so far, finding most using old production technology.
Wiseman is currently spending £30m developing a dairy in Manchester.
The company reported pre-tax profits of £9.16m in the half-year to 3 October, against £8.65m last time.
- Second southern dairy for Wiseman?, FWi, 16 June, 1998
- The Times 10/11/98 page 28, page 30 (Tempus)
- The Independent 10/11/98 page 23 (Investment)
- Financial Times 10/11/98 page 26
- The Guardian 10/11/98 page 25
- The Daily Telegraph 10/11/98 page 28, page 30
- The Herald 10/11/98 page 21