WTO to meet on banana war
THE World Trade Organisations disputes settlements body meets in Geneva this week and is expected to look at the aftermath of the banana dispute between the European Union and the USA.
A panel is expected to be established on an EU complaint against US trade sanctions imposed in March in the dispute, before authorisation was granted by the World Trade Organisation.
- Brussels tries to settle banana war, FWi, 27 May, 1999
- WTO issues verdict on banana dispute, FWi, 07 May, 1999
- WTO considers banana regime, FWi, 28 April, 1999
- EU to reform banana regime, FWi, 20 April, 1999
- WTO to authorise banana sanctions, FWi, 19 April, 1999
- Europe ready to accept banana defeat, FWi, 16 April, 1999
- WTO to back US banana sanctions? FWi, 13 April, 1999
- Financial Times 14/06/99 page 48 (FT Guide To The Week)
- The Daily Telegraph 14/06/99 page 29 (This Week)