WTO urges banana peace
WORLD Trade Organisation (WTO) members have urged the USA and the European Union to resolve their dispute over bananas.
Some WTO members criticised a US move last week to impose conditional sanctions on a wide range of European goods, at an emergency meeting this week.
Sanctions include punitive duties on the import of European pig meat.
- WTO to hear EU banana protest, FWi, yesterday (08 March, 1999)
- Trade war escalates over bananas, FWi, 05 March, 1999
- USA starts banana-war sanctions, FWi, 04 March, 1999<
- Bananas – WTO steps in, FWi, 03 March, 1999
- WTO to examine banana battle, FWi, 01 March, 1999
- USA and EU go bananas again, FWi, 22 February, 1999 a>
- EU seeks ruling on US sanctions law, FWi, 08 February, 1999
- The Times 09/03/02/99 page 11, page 22
- The Independent 09/03/02/99 page 11, page 4 (Tuesday Review)
- Financial Times 09/03/99 page 4, page 24
- The Guardian 09/03/99 page 18 (Notebook), page 19
- The Daily Telegraph 09/03/99 page 14