The Baythorne Park Estate is a beautiful traditional country estate extending to 676 acres (274 ha), situated either side of the River Stour on the Essex/Suffolk borders.
The focus of the Estate is the Grade II Listed mansion which is perfectly positioned at the head of a long private tree lined avenue in an elevated position overlooking the parkland below.
The 8-bedroom house is surrounded by mature gardens including a tennis court and swimming pool. To the side of the house is Stable Court, a residential dwelling created from the original stables, a further cottage and some modern and traditional buildings.
At the bottom of the drive at Baythorne End are the main gates with three cottages, whilst at Launds Farm there is a farmhouse and a range of modern and traditional buildings.
The land rolls gently and forms a patchwork of arable land, riverside meadows and woods, all of which provide the framework for commercial arable and livestock farming and a shoot.
Whilst the mansion is ready for occupation it would benefit from some sympathetic modernisation.
This property has 676 acres of land.
The Estate extends east from Baythorne End towards the villages of Stoke by Clare and Ridgewell, with local amenities available in the pretty village of Clare 3 miles away.
Extensive amenities can be found in Haverhill 4 miles away and Cambridge 19 miles away. Stansted airport has rail links to London with further rail services to London via Audley End at Saffron Walden 15 miles away.
- Grade II Listed mansion with drawing room, sitting room, dining room, study, kitchen, breakfast room, domestic offices and cellar
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, 7 further bedrooms, 3 further bathrooms and linen room
- Gardens including tennis court and swimming pool
- Farmhouse and five further cottages
- Modern and traditional buildings
- Parkland, river frontage and woodland
- Arable land and pasture
- Established shoot and fishing
- About 676 acres (274 hectares)