An opportunity to acquire an historic residential estate set in beautiful Essex countryside.
The Estate lies to the east of the villages of Newport and Wendens Ambo in an attractive area of rural Essex. The land slopes gently from east to west towards the River Cam which forms part of the western boundary. Access to the heart of the Estate and the residential properties is from the north via an oak and lime tree lined avenue.
Le Pavillon comprises four reception rooms with a kitchen and TV room on the gorund floor. The main staircase leads from the reception hall to the first floor which includes the principal bedroom and eight further bedrooms.
Garden Cottage is an attractive two bedrom cottage.
1 & 2 New Cottages are a pair of traditional brick semi-detached estate cottages.
Castle Milk is the old Estate dairy now converted into a single dwelling
In 1794, the then owner of the Shortgrove Estate commissioned Capability Brown to undertake work to the gardens (subsequently sold) and the parkland which included the planting of native trees, the creation of ponds and the widening of the River Cam.
In total the land extends to approximately 715.70 acres (289.63 hectares) split between:-
a) 534.06 acres of arable and parkland
b) 158.81 acres of woodland
c) 22.69 acres of miscellaneous
The land is farmed in-hand under a contract.
The Estate is home to a well-established private shoot which takes advantage of the rolling landscape and strategically placed woodlands, shelter belts and hedgerows. In total, the predominately mixed broadleaf woodland extends to approximately 158.81 acres which form the base for the drives. In recent years, the Estate has hosted 9 drive days per year plus a keepers day at the end of the season. Bags typically range from 60 to 150
Square Footage: 6633 sq ft
Acreage: 715.56 Acres