Andrew Symonds on Lincoms Farm in Worcestershire said wheat harvest was helped by better weather than some parts of the country, allowing him to finish a fortnight ahead of last year.
Robigus yielded 9.8t/ha on the best field, but the overall average was 8.8t/ha which he said was normal. He was very pleased with his first and second wheat Einstein averaging 9t/ha. Hagbergs were 280 – 300, protein was 12 – 13% and bushel weights were in the high 70s kg/hl.
He was pleased the second wheats avoided take-all, but the Robigus yields were knocked by gout-fly on one small field.
He plans to drill more Einstein next year: “It’s proven itself as a good second cereal.”
- Crop/Variety: Robigus winter wheat
- Area: 100ha of wheat in total
- Yield: 8.8t/ha – up to 9.8t/ha
- Quality: N/A
- Crop/Variety: Einstein winter wheat
- Area: 100ha on wheat in total
- Yield: 9t/ha
- Quality: Hagbergs 280 – 300, Protein 12 – 13%, Bushel weight high 70skg/hl