If you’re struggling to put together an entry for this year’s Farmers Apprentice then here’s a few tips to get you started.
- Start off by telling us a bit about yourself and your achievements.
- What’s your goal in farming?
- Tell us why you’re passionate about having a career in farming.
- What would you do with the £10,000 prize money?
- Don’t be shy – tell us why you’re the next apprentice.
- Keep your video upbeat and energetic. Use music to reflect your personality.
- The video may only be a minute long, but you need to make it stand-out. Don’t just sit in front of the camera. Think about how you can use different angles and incorporate action shots.
- Keep the camera steady – the judges don’t want to feel like they’re on a theme-park ride
- Once you’ve finished shooting check your footage. Can we hear you?
- Be confident. Rehearse what you’re going to say and don’t forget to smile.
See George Eustice’s example entry below