Do you fancy winning £10,000 in one of farming’s biggest competitions? If so, then why not enter the Farmers Apprentice?
If you’re a full-time student, unemployed, slogging it in a supermarket, feeling uninspired in an office or just longing to live off the land, the Farmers Apprentice competition could be for you.
With 60,000 jobs to fill in the agriculture industry over the next 10 years, Farmers Weekly’s Farmers Apprentice is scouring towns and villages, cities and suburbs throughout the country to find young, passionate and talented would-be farmers, with or without experience.
All you need is to be aged 18-25 and come up with a 60-second video showing what makes you stand out from the herd.
- Be in with a chance of winning £10,000
- Skills gained from bootcamp tasks can make your CV stand out from the crowd
- Increase your confidence by featuring on the Farmers Apprentice series
- Learn to work under intense pressure during the bootcamp tasks
- Connect with leading companies within agriculture through our sponsors
- Learn key business skills which can be applied across all agricultural and non-agricultural sectors
- Find out what the challenges of modern farming are
- Build key contacts to help future career development
- Can help you assess what your key strengths are as an individual
- A week of intense fun with 10 other young people.
How to enter
To register your interest and to submit your 60 second video go to www.farmersapprentice.co.uk. The deadline for entries is 30 May. You can also keep up to date with the latest news by following us on twitter @farmapprentice or go to www.facebook.com/farmersapprentice and click on “Like”. You can also tweet with the hashtag #farmapprentice.