Here are the terms and conditions covering photos submitted for Farmers Weekly’s 2019 photography competition.
- A picture is considered submitted for the competition if it is loaded into one of the entry galleries on our website.
- By submitting pictures, you are confirming you took them yourself and that you own all the copyright and other rights connected with the photograph and that there will be no fees attached to Farmers Weekly using the pictures in any way.
- The competition is open to amateur photographers only. You are not excluded from entering the competition if you have previously won photography competitions, had your photography published, or even earned money from the sale of photos. However, full-time professional photographers are precluded from entering.
- You can submit pictures that have been entered for other photography competition or competitions, as long as doing so doesn’t contravene the terms and conditions of the other competition or competitions.
- The decision of the judges as to the selection of the winning shot and any commended entries is final, and no correspondence will be entered into about this.
- The person judged to have taken the best shot will win £250.
- Anyone age 16 or under on the closing date of the competition is eligible to enter the “young photographer” category. Entrants aged under 16 are still welcome to enter any of the other categories if they wish.
- Entrants are able to enter the same photo into more than one category if they feel it is suitable to do so.
- The winning picture in each of the eight categories will be published in Farmers Weekly magazine and on its website around Christmas 2019, crediting the people who took these pictures.
- Farmers Weekly and its affiliated companies and businesses may use and reproduce any of the submitted pictures once or more in the magazine, on the website, or in any other medium or format – both in connection with our 2019 photography competition and in any other context.
- People submitting photographs to Farmers Weekly retain the right to use those photographs again themselves for personal and/or commercial purposes.
- Farmers Weekly will not necessarily keep copies of all pictures submitted to the competition, so entrants should keep a copy of any pictures they submit themselves.
- Farmers Weekly is not responsible for any loss or damage to any photograph that may occur as a result of them being entered for the competition.
- Farmers Weekly shall not be held responsible for technical errors in telecommunication networks, internet access or otherwise, preventing entry to the competition.
- Entry is at the photographer’s cost.
The closing date of the competition is 11.59pm on Sunday, 24 November 2019.
The promoter of the competition is Reed Business Information Limited.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org