Here are the terms and conditions covering photos submitted for Farmers Weekly’s 2014 photography competition. There is more information about how to submit pictures to the competition on FW’s website forums.
- A picture is considered submitted for the competition if it is loaded into one of the entry galleries on our website.
- By submitting pictures, you are confirming you took them yourself and that you own all the copyright and other rights connected with the photograph.
- The competition is open to amateur photographers. You are not excluded from entering the competition if you have previously won photography competitions, had your photography published, or even earned money from the sale of photos. However, full-time professional photographers are precluded from entering.
- You can submit pictures that have been entered for other photography competition or competition, as long as doing so doesn’t contravene the terms and conditions of the other competition or competitions.
- The decision of the judges as to the selection of the winning shots and the commended entries is final, and no correspondence will be entered into about this.
- The winning picture in each of the eight categories will be published in Farmers Weekly and on its website around Christmas 2014, crediting the people who took these pictures. There is no other prize.
- Farmers Weekly and its affiliated companies and businesses may use and reproduce any of the submitted pictures once or more in the magazine, on the website, or in any other medium or format – both in connection with our 2014 photography competition and in any other context.
- People submitting photographs to this competition retain the right to use those photographs again themselves for personal and/or commercial purposes.
- Farmers Weekly will not necessarily keep copies of all pictures submitted to the competition, so entrants should keep a copy of any pictures they submit themselves.
- Farmers Weekly is not responsible for any loss or damage to any photograph that may occur as a result of them being entered for the competition
- Farmers Weekly shall not be held responsible for technical errors in telecommunication networks, internet access or otherwise, preventing entry to the competition.
- Entry is at the photographer’s cost.
- The closing date of the competition is 11.59pm on Friday, 31 October 2014.
- The promoter of the competition is Reed Business Information Limited.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org