Dairy Crest’s Davidstow Creamery celebrated a major double at the Nantwich International Cheese Show, winning both the Supreme Champion and Cheese Lovers trophies for its Extra Mature Cheddar.
The cheese was chosen from 70 other finalists for the Best in Show accolade, while the Cheese Lovers award was selected by celebrity judge Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Biddall from a number of nominations.
A world record 2270 entries from 24 countries in the 154 classes represented the cream of the UK and international cheesemaking industry.
Other highlights of the Show included:
- Best Dressed Cheese: Wensleydale Dairy Products
- Best Continental Cheese: Bongrain Wijngarrokaar
- Best trade stands: Gold – Milk Link, Silver- Long Clawson, Bronze – Asda
- Best Welsh Cheese: Llanboidy Cheesemakers
- Best New Dairy Product – Doddington Dairy
- Best branded new retail pack innovation: Joseph Heler Cheese