Making the most of your farming business
Bringing diversification and innovation to inspire entrepreneurial farmers
Diversification has become an even more important topic in agriculture, with 65% of UK farms already diversified in some way. The remaining 35% are starting or will need to start thinking of adding new business activities to traditional farming in order to future-proof their livelihood and already established business.
The Farmers Weekly Diversification event brings you a day full of key individuals and experts in their fields to share their knowledge, stories and advice.
This is an opportunity for you to source information and advice on funding, grants, planning, new products, new services, new ideas, troubleshooting, business tips, marketing tools, networking, inspiring keynote sessions, like-minded professionals, potential partnerships and much more.
We are holding the conference at the Glastonbury Wedding & Events Venue which is part of Godney farm, belonging to Michael Churches a Diversification Farmer of the Year finalist of the Farmers Weekly Awards 2019. Michael Churches will demonstrate how they successfully diversified their farming business to a wedding and events venue.
What is available at the event?
Programme highlights include:
✔ Expert advice
- gain critical insights and guidance from those who built a diversification business
✔ On farm tour
- view the farm on the day to see how it was diversified to create a new business
✔ Networking opportunities
- meet like-minded colleagues from across the UK farming industry to share experiences and ideas on diversification
✔ Speakers and panel discussions
The agenda for the day
09:30 – Registration and networking breakfast
10:30 – Managing the expansion of your farm diversification business: lumpy costs, how to delegate, selecting and managing of staff, letting go of management decisions
11:10 – Refreshment Break
11:20 – Business Planning permission tips from an independent diversification consultant
11:50 – Budgeting for your diversification
12:20 – In conversation with Will and Kate Martin from Treway Farm- Cornish Turkeys, a successful produce-led diversification: lessons learnt
12:50 – Networking lunch and farm tour of the case study farm
14:30 – Finish
(Draft agenda- speakers to be announced shortly)