Join Farmers Weekly in celebrating the farming industry and recognising the hard work of UK farmers. Nominate a deserving individual for an award.
There are 15 categories that you can nominate for free. Not sure which to nominate? Visit the categories page that has a short description of each award. Do you know someone who should receive recognition for their contribution to farming? You can nominate any number of individuals – they can be your employer, someone you do business with or even a member of your family.
Do you know anyone who is studying an agricultural related degree, NVQ or BTEC course at a British university or college? The individual can be in any year of their course..
Do you know anyone who is a dynamic, successful adviser providing their farming clients with invaluable advice? This category is open to any farming adviser – from business consultant to arable adviser.
Do you know any arable farmer who is flexible, collaborative and innovative to increase productivity and profits, despite the unpredictable weather, regulation and market volatility?
Do you know anyone who is a successful beef farmer with a vision for the future? If so, then nominate them and help them to join the growing band of Farmers Weekly Award winners championing the British farming industry.
Do you know a contractor who is regarded as an essential part of their farming customers’ business? If so, then nominate them now.
Do you know a dairy farmer who exemplifies all the skills needed to deliver a profitable and sustainable dairy business in the face of challenging market conditions? Nominate them now.
This category is seeking those who are adding value to the core farm business. The key criteria is to show how the diversification is helping to support and deliver a sustainable farm business. Do you know anyone who fits this criteria?
This award goes to the farmer who makes the very best use of their grassland, delivering the best possible nutritional benefit to their livestock. Do you know any successful Grassland manager? Nominate them now.
The winning farm manager will be running a successful livestock, arable or mixed farming business. The judges will be looking for evidence of strong business acumen, excellent staff management and outstanding leadership.
Are you a dynamic, successful adviser providing your livestock farming clients with invaluable advice? This category is open to any farming adviser – from business consultant to livestock specialist or vet – who advises livestock farmers.
This category is for farmers and farming businesses who are running a mixed range of complimentary enterprises such as beef, arable and sheep or dairy and arable.
The winner of this award will be a pig producer who can demonstrate real change in the business in recent years. The judges will be looking for imaginative approaches to developing the enterprise in terms of production standards, profitability and sustainability.
Do you know anyone who is a successful egg, turkey, goose, duck or chicken meat producer demonstrating excellence in production, marketing and welfare? Then help them to join the growing band of finalists and winners by nominating them now.
The winning sheep farmer will need to demonstrate their achievements in the past few years to deliver a business that is profitable and sustainable.
The winner of this category will be making a big impact on the farming business they are involved in and demonstrating qualities that mark them out as a future leader and innovator. Do you know anyone who could win this award?
5 Top reasons to nominate someone for the Farmers Weekly Awards
1. Reward them for all their hard work.
2. Give them an amazing surprise they’ll never forget.
3. Give them the motivation and confidence boost they deserve.
4. Inspire the greater farming community using their success
5. This is our chance to sing about unsung farming heroes!
How to Nominate
Whether it is someone who has devoted their time to farming, someone who is a dynamic, successful adviser providing their farming clients with invaluable advice, or just someone who is developing the enterprise in terms of production standards, profitability and sustainability – nominate them today and make a difference to their life.
How do I nominate someone for an award?
- Answer the questions in the key areas outline in the entry form
- Give the name of your nomination and why they should be shortlisted
- You are encouraged to attach supporting documentation to enhance your nominations application (eg. business plans, account, environmental, biodiversity audits, research, etc.)
- Submit your nomination
- Entry deadline is 30 April 2020 at midnight (12:00)
- If you are posting a nomination you must supply 5 copies of your nomination
What are the rules?
- The entrant and partner should be available to attend the Awards Night date, 1 October 2020 at Grosvenor House Hotel, London
- The judges will need to meet the person, or persons, named on the entry/nomination form during the farm judging visits which will take place from June to August
- The finalists’ stories, and their photographs, will appear in Farmers Weekly and its related products as well as local and national press
- The winner, receiving each award should be the person or persons named on the entry or nomination form.
- We only accept nominations/entries from UK farmers
If you are posting your entry or submission, please send it to:
Farmers Weekly Awards
Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS
FARMERS WEEKLY AWARDS
Farmers Weekly Awards celebrate the very best of British farming by recognising and rewarding innovation, hard work and passion for agriculture.
The Farmers Weekly Awards night has become a highlight in the farming social calendar. The 2020 awards will take place on Thursday 1st October at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.