Terms and Conditions
How do I enter?
- Answer the questions in the key areas outlined in the category.
- You are encouraged to attach supporting documentation to enhance your application, e.g. business plans, accounts, environmental/biodiversity audits/research etc.
- Entries must reach us by midnight Tuesday 30 April 2020.
How am I judged?
- All entries will be judged on the questions in the entry form.
- A shortlist of three entries will be selected from each category.
- The shortlist will be visited by a panel of judges during June and July. This visit will take a minimum of 3 hours.
- A winner for each category will be selected after the on-farm judging visits and the winner’s name will be revealed at the Awards Night on Thursday 3 October 2019.
- The overall winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
What are the rules?
- The entrant and partner should be available to attend the Awards Night date and venue to be confirmed.
- The judges will need to meet the person, or persons, named on the entry form during the farm judging visits which will take place in June & July.
- The finalists’ stories, and their photographs, will appear in Farmers Weekly and its related products as well as local and national press.
- The winner receiving their trophy should be the person(s) named on the entry form.
Terms and Conditions: Table Bookings
By booking your place at this event you are entering into a binding agreement. Please note that payment is still required for any booking that is cancelled after the cancellation date. We will confirm your booking within two working days. If you do not receive confirmation within this time, please contact us to confirm your booking.
You are advised to take out appropriate travel insurance, as we will not accept any liability for travelling, accommodation or other expenses incurred as a consequence of a possible event cancellation or postponement. In any event, the Conference Secretariat will not accept liability for any loss, including incidental or consequential damages, etc.
• All bookings will be confirmed within 4 working days. If you do not receive confirmation of your booking from Farmers Weekly please contact Linda Kimberley immediately on +44 (0) 20 8652 3304.
• Bookings may be paid by credit card at the time of booking; otherwise we will invoice you. Invoice payments must be received by Farmers Weekly within 28 days of the invoice date or by close of business 5 working days before the Event, whichever is the earlier.
• Tickets for the event will not be issued until payment has been received in cleared funds.
• A form will be sent. Simply complete and return as instructed on the form. This form must be received within 48 hours prior to the event, otherwise charges will apply and it may not be possible to take care of the specific requirements of any guest.
Lighting and special effects
• It is the table booker’s responsibility to inform guest(s) that special effects, including strobe lighting, may be used on the night.
• It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the venue or the date of the event. We will give you as much notice as we can and your booking will be transferred to the new venue or date.
• Cancellations must be made in writing to the registration contact at the address below. If you cancel on or before 22 August 2019 we will refund your booking fee less an administrative charge of 15%. If you cancel after 22 August 2019 no refund will be given.
• If we cancel the function we will refund all booking fees paid. We do not, however, accept liability for travelling, accommodation or any other expenses incurred as a result of any cancellation or postponement of the event.
• Our liability for loss or damage incurred as the result of cancellation or postponement of the event is limited to the amount of your booking fee.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
Reed Business Information
Quadrant House, H3
Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS UK
Tel +44 (0) 20 8652 8026
Cancellation of the event
In the event that the 2019 Farmers Weekly Awards is cancelled by the organisers, a full refund will be made of any booking fees paid. However, if the event is postponed for reasons beyond the direct control of the organisers, this booking will be transferred to the revised date of the event and all these Terms and Conditions shall apply to any such transferred booking.
- Official photographers may be taking photographs and filming videos at the event.
- Anyone attending the event consents to such photography and filming without compensation and confirms that the organisers shall be entitled to use such photographs and videos, which may include photographs and videos of visitors, for the purpose of marketing conferences in the future, for exploitation in any and all media, without liability.
- No other photography or filming will be permitted at RBI organised events without the prior written approval of the organisers
- It is the table booker’s responsibility to inform guest(s) that special effects, including strobe lighting, may be used on the night.
- It is the table booker’s responsibility that no persons under the age of 18 attend the function or enter the function room at any stage during the event.
FARMERS WEEKLY AWARDS
Farmers Weekly Awards celebrate the very best of British farming by recognising and rewarding innovation, hard work and passion for agriculture.
The Farmers Weekly Awards night has become a highlight in the farming social calendar. The 2020 awards will take place on Thursday 1st October at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.