7 February 2000
AHP aims to sell agrochem
AMERICAN Home Products (AHP) is looking to sell its agricultural chemicals business, which is worth up to $1 billion.
The US pharmaceuticals giant is believed to be considering the move in the wake of its failure to merge with another US drugs group Warner-Lambert.
Warner-Lambert is set to merge with Pfizer.
Four companies are said to be interested in AHPs agrichemicals business – Dow Chemical, BASF, Bayer and DuPont.
- AHP shake-up and agrochem sale, FWi, 10 October, 1999
- AHP could spin off agrochem business, FWi, 14 October, 1998
- Financial Times 07/02/2000 page 1, page 22 (Lex)
- The Daily Telegraph 07/02/2000 page 25
- The Herald 07/02/2000 page 16