15 February 2000
Australia expects record wheat harvest
AUSTRALIA is forecasting it will set a new record wheat harvest of 25 million tonnes this year.
The countrys wheat industry has continued to expand at a fast pace. It now exports more than 16m tonnes a year and has become a major player on the world trade with about 18% of the market.
- Australia on target for third-biggest harvest, FWi, 17 January, 2000
- Australian wheat rallies on back of US drought, FWi, 16 August, 1999
- Australia privatises wheat, barley authorities, FWi, 05 July, 1999
- El Niño may force Australia to import grain, FWi, 26 August, 1997
- Financial Times 15/02/2000 page 40 (News Digest)