11 March 1999
Banana peace in the offing
THE USA and the EU are on course to patch up their dispute over bananas which threatened to break out into an all-out trade war.
Both parties aim to get a settlement before the case goes before the World Trade Organisation later this month, according to a report in the Financial Times.
- Ceasefire ahead in banana war, FWi, yesterday (10 March, 1999)
- WTO urges banana peace, FWi, 09 March, 1999
- WTO to hear EU banana protest, FWi, 08 March, 1999
- USA starts banana-war sanctions, FWi, 04 March, 1999<
- WTO to examine banana battle, FWi, 01 March, 1999
- EU seeks ruling on US sanctions law, FWi, 08
- Financial Times 11/03/99 page 7