26 August 1999
Beef returns to the European table
THE return of British beef to the European table was marked by a celebratory lunch at the Hotel Metropole in Brussels, report many of todays broadsheets.
The event was attended by junior agriculture minister Joyce Quin as well as officials from the British Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC).
The MLC hopes to have a promotional dinner for British beef in Paris next month.
But it says it will be lucky this year to export 5000 tonnes of beef – a fraction of the amount of British beef exported before the BSE crisis.
- Brussels guests sit down to British beef, FWi, yesterday (25 August, 1999)
- Beef back in Brussels tomorrow, FWi, 24 August, 1999
- Beef exports resume today, FWi, 23 August, 1999
- The Times 26/08/99 page 2
- Financial Times 26/08/99 page 15 (Observer)
- The Guardian 26/08/99 page 4
- The Daily Telegraph 26/08/99 page 2
- The Herald 26/08/99 page 28