18 January 2000
Council drops beef-on-bone case
ROTHER District Council has dropped its prosecution of a pub owner accused of selling beef on the bone.
Environmental health officers brought the action against Alan Coomber, an East Sussex publican, two years ago.
The owner of the Bell Inn, in Iden, continued to sell T-bone steaks despite legal action by the council.
The decision to withdraw the prosecution comes a month after the government lifted the ban.
- Beef-on-the-bone case adjourned, FWi, 06 December, 1999
- Shops start selling beef on the bone, FWi, 01 December, 1999
- Publican to be prosecuted over beef on the bone, FWi, 20 February, 1998
- The Guardian 17/01/2000 page 9
- The Daily Telegraph 17/01/2000 page 3