- Intervention Price: £82.74dd.
- £1=DM2.927 / FFr9.82 / US$1.635 / 1.4997
- FOB Rouen March wheat value: FFr712.50 (£72.55)
- Chicago March wheat at close: $2.82 (£63.68)
ALTHOUGH the HGCA revised UK wheat carryout upwards, to 1.855m tonnes, UK traders still want to own wheat.
- 32,500t of free-market soft wheat at 32.96.
- Due to holidays there will be no restitutions next week.
The EU cleared 211,000t of wheat from France for Russia yesterday.
Chicago improved 12¢ yesterday as talk entered the market of Iranian sanctions possibly being lifted and of the TCK smut situation with China being lifted.
Wheat futures – closing prices:
values, £/tonne, ex-farm: