10 August 1999
Farmers to lose out on eclipse
FARMERS who hoped to cash in on the solar eclipse in Devon and Cornwall are looking increasingly likely to lose money.
Some are known to have spent thousands of pounds upgrading fields to campsite standards, to take advantage of the huge influx of people expected for the event.
But crowds have been disappointing so far, and look like being easily catered for by existing facilities.
- Cornish farmers prepare for eclipse, FWi, 05 August, 1999
The Times 10/08/99 page 1, page 6
- The Independent 10/08/99 page 4
- Financial Times 10/08/99 page 5
- The Guardian 10/08/99 page 7
- The Daily Telegraph 10/08/99 page 8
- The Herald 10/08/99 page 7