07 July 1999
Fischler offered EU farm job
ROMANO PRODI, the president-designate of the European Commission, has offered Franz Fischler a second term as farm commissioner.
Dr Fischler has masterminded the total overhaul of the common agricultural policy, although not all of his proposals have been accepted.
Changes to the milk regime have been postponed, while cereal prices have not seen the cuts he would have wanted.
Further reforms are still in the pipeline.
- Fischler back to cut EU farm subsidy?, FWi, 05 July, 1999
- Fischler expected to retain hot seat, FWi, 01 July, 1999
- The Independent 07/07/99 page 13
- Financial Times 07/07/99 page 2 (News Digest)
- The Guardian 07/07/99 page 1
- The Daily Telegraph 07/07/99 page 13