Millennium Bug threat to farmers

30 November 1999

Millennium Bug threat to farmers

By Isabel Davies

ONE out of four farmers could face problems on 1 January because they have made inadequate preparations to deal with the Millennium Bug.

A report out today shows around 75% farmers have taken appropriate action, but the remaining 25% could face some disruption.

The survey, which was carried out for MAFF by ADAS, found most large intensive farms have already checked equipment likely to be affected.

But many farmers have not put in place contingency plans should any problems arise and the NFU is urging producers to act before it is too late.

See more