5 April 2000
Policeman shot on Zimbabwe farm
A POLICEMAN has been shot dead on a white farm in Zimbabwe during a struggle with black squatters.
The death on a farm 70km from the capital Harare is the first since government supporters began invading white-owned farms two months ago.
Some observers believe the incident could give president Robert Mugabe an excuse to declare a state of emergency, reportsThe Independent.
- Cook to confront Mugabe, FWi, 03 April, 2000
- Mugabe warning to white farmers, FWi, 30 March, 2000
- The Independent 05/04/2000 page 1 and 13
- The Guardian 05/04/2000 page 16
- Daily Mail 05/04/2000 page 8
- The Daily Telegraph 05/04/2000 page 17
- The Times 05/04/2000 page 21