13 July 1999
RHM on the block
THE industrial conglomerate Tomkins is considering bids for its food manufacturing arm Rank Hovis McDougall (RHM) with a price tag of up to £2bn.
RHM has a portfolio of famous brands including Mothers Pride, Hovis bread, Bisto gravy powder, Mr Kipling and Cadburys cakes and Sharwoods sauces.
The group has extensive milling and baking operations.
- The Times 13/07/99 page 29, page 31 (Commentary), page 32 (Tempus)
- The Independent 13/07/99 page 1, page 3
- Financial Times 13/07/99 page 23 (Observer), page 30
- The Guardian 13/07/99 page 23
- The Daily Telegraph 13/07/99 page 28 (Questor), page 29
- The Herald 13/07/99 page 19, page 21 (Comment)