27 January 1999
Scots landowners ‘positive’ on reforms
SCOTTISH landowners have responded positively to the governments proposed land reforms, according to the Scottish Secretary Donald Dewar.
The reforms will make it easier for tenant farmers to buy their farms.
Mr Dewar was responding in the House of Commons to Conservative attacks.
- Scots landowners launch land code, Farmers Weekly, 15 January, 1999
- Scots land reform will prompt “chaos”, FWi, 13 January, 1999
- Scottish land reform is “state socialism”, FWi, 07 January, 1999
- The Independent 27/01/99 page 8
- The Herald 27/01/99 page 6 (In Brief)