03 March 1999
Tenants buy Knoydart estate
THE Knoydart Foundation, representing 70 residents and charities, has clinched a buy-out of the 2913ha (7200 acre) Knoydart estate in the west of Scotland.
The £750,000 deal was completed after five months of negotiations.
Knoydart has been taken up as the symbol of the need for land reform in Scotland. Legislation is promised early in the new Scottish parliament.
- Tenants win fight to buy Knoydart, FWi, 02 March, 1999
- Knoydart deal falls through, FWi, 21 January, 1999
- Impresario backs plans to buy Scottish land, FWi, 27 October, 1998
- The Independent 03/03/02/99 page 10
- Financial Times 03/03/99 page 12
- The Guardian 03/03/99 page 9
- The Herald 03/03/99 page 5