West Street, Hunton, Maidstone, Kent

£12,500,000 - SALE

Contact seller
West Street, Hunton, Maidstone, Kent
Name*
Email address*
Telephone number
Subject*
Message
Strutt & Parker
Strutt_&_Parker_company_logo
35 Cadogan Street
London
Greater London
SW3 2PR
United Kingdom
Request Call Back
West Street, Hunton, Maidstone, Kent
Name *
Telephone number
02031310574
Strutt & Parker

Description

Immaculately presented Grade II listed country house with eight bedrooms and five reception rooms
Two gate lodges
Stable Cottage
Traditional and modern buildings
Beautiful parkland setting with walled garden and lakes, swimming pool and tennis court
Woodland and pasture
About 171 acres (69 ha) in total
For sale as a whole

Hunton Court is listed Grade II and unusually for Kent, is constructed of a mellow ragstone reminiscent of that found in the Cotswolds.

This impressive house lies at the end of two long driveways, both of which have lodges where they meet the public highway, before they meander through 171 acres of beautiful parkland as they approach the front of the house. The immediate grounds of the house are particularly striking with a large serpentine lake that bends around the western side of the house and garden, creating a particularly tranquil setting.

From the stone balustrade parapet that reaches around the top of the house to the pillared reception hall, ornate cornicing and stunning fireplaces throughout, Hunton Court does not fail to impress and exude a sense of grandeur.

Behind the three storey house lies a range of traditional buildings, one of which incorporates a cottage and a large walled garden.

History
Hunton Court dates back to the 13th Century and was once a traditional timber framed 14th Century farmhouse, with a large roof structure and three crown posts which can still be found in the attic rooms today. It was in the early Victorian period that the house was adapted to the existing Georgian style.

The Estate was once the country residence of the Bannerman family, starting with Henry Bannerman in 1850. The Estate was subsequently left to his nephew, Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman, who served as Prime Minister from 1905 to 1908. Hunton Court was successively occupied by descendants of the Bannerman family before moving into the ownership of the current vendors in 2008.

Hunton Court is set in a beautiful rural setting on the edge of the quiet village of Hunton, close to Marden and Linton at the foot of the Greensand Ridge.

Hunton itself has a primary school, pre-school and a village hall with a shop, café and public house at nearby Yalding. A more comprehensive range of amenities are available at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells.

The surrounding countryside provides a variety of outdoor pursuits such as walking, riding and cycling.

There are excellent road and rail links to London. There are a number of stations nearby, including Marden (4.7 miles) and Paddock Wood (7 miles) with services to London Bridge within 41 minutes. By car it is a seven miles to the M20 at junction 5 which provides links to the M25, Gatwick and Heathrow airports.

Hunton Court is well suited in the heart of Kent, and a great variety of schools are available in the surrounding towns and villages, including those nearby at Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Canterbury. Of particular note and within close proximity are Tonbridge School, Sevenoaks School, Dulwich Prep School at Cranbrook, and Benenden School.

Date posted: 23/07/19