How to enter
Think you have what it takes to be the next Farmers Apprentice? Apply now for the chance to be one of the 10 Farmers Apprentice 2018 finalists.
You don’t need to have a farming background, but you will need to be free for one week in July 2018 in order to take part in our intensive, week-long bootcamp.
The bootcamp is designed to reflect the skills required to be a successful modern UK farmer and will put you through your paces in aspects of communication, teamwork, initiative, leadership and problem solving.
Applicants must be between 18-25 years old and need to apply before 31 March 2018.
An important part of the application process is your submission video. All applicants must also share a short one minute video of why they think they should be the next Farmers Apprentice on YouTube on their registration form.
If you think you have the talent to impress our farming judges and become Farmers Apprentice 2018, then apply now.
If you would like to enter the next Farmers Apprentice please do so below. More instructions will follow regarding your entry later in 2019.
Terms & Conditions
1. You warrant that you are aged between 18 – 25 and are legally entitled to work in the UK without restriction. If required by you agree to provide documentary eveidence to substantiate your age and entitlement to work in the UK without restriction.
2. These terms and conditions relate to your application to take part in Farmers Weekly’s series entitle “Farmers Apprentice”.
3. You should be aware that the information provided by you in the application form (any any other information supplied by you) may be used in the series should you be selected.
4. Applicants will be selected at the sole discretion of Farmers Weekly, whose decision is final.
5. You agree to attend any interviews, auditioning processes events and promotional activities relating to the series if required by Farmers Weekly on any dates as notified to you by Farmers Weekly.
6. You agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the series the “Rules”) which may be varied from time to time by Farmers Weekly and you further agree that Farmers Weekly is final and binding.
7. You hereby warrant that you have truthfully and accurately completed this application form and acknowledge and agree that Farmers Weekly many its sole discretion disqualify you from any interview, auditioning process event or the series at any stage if you supply or have supplied any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information and/or have failed to abide by the Rules or are otherwise in breach of any of the terms of this application form or any other agreements entered into between you and Farmers Weekly.
8. You agree and undertake not to engage in any press, publicity or other discussions with any third party in connection with your application to be a candidate on the series or any other aspect of the series nor shall you be entitled to enter into any commercial agreement or other agreement with any third party in connection with your application as a candidate or your appearance to be a candidate.
9. In the event that you are invited to attend an audition and/or interview you hereby grant all consents necessary for Farmers Weekly to film and record such audition and/or interview and to use recordings featuring your image and/or voice in connection with the series.
10. Should you be selected to take part in the Farmers Apprentice series you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with Farmers Weekly including without limitation a Candidates’ Agreement and you agree to abide by the terms therein.
11. We welcome applications from everyone. We will endeavor to meet any reasonable access needs for anyone with a disability or to make any other reasonable adjustments to enable participation in the process.
12. We take your privacy very seriously. The information you provide about yourself as part of the application procedure will be used by Farmers Weekly to assess whether or not to select you for the series. By submitting this application form, you consent any information (including sensitive personal information) that you provide (for example information relating to your health or criminal convictions) being used for the purpose of the series and if successful, for the production, distribution and promotion of the series including without limitation sharing your information with Farmers Weekly as part of the selection process. If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please contact Portfolio Manager, James Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org