Be inspired and get the advice you need to grow
and secure your farming income
Diversification has become an even more important topic in agriculture, with 65% of UK farms already diversified in some way. The remaining 35% are starting or will need to start thinking of adding new business activities to traditional farming in order to future-proof their livelihood and already established business.
The Farmers Weekly Diversification event brings you a day full of key individuals and experts in their fields to share their knowledge, stories and advice.
This is an opportunity for you to source information and advice on funding, grants, planning, new products, new services, new ideas, troubleshooting, business tips, marketing tools, networking, inspiring keynote sessions, like-minded professionals, potential partnerships and much more.
The first event of the series of three diversification events will be held at Lakeland Farm Visitor Centre. in the Lake District, where Kerrie and Isaac Benson, who are third-generation National Trust farm tenants, focus on breeding award-winning Herdwick sheep and a herd of beef cattle.
Lakeland Farm Visitor Centre
The first event of the series of three diversification events will be held at Lakeland Farm Visitor Centre, in the Lake District, where Kerrie and Isaac Benson, who are third-generation National Trust farm tenants, focus on breeding award-winning Herdwick sheep and a herd of beef cattle.
5 top reasons why you should attend Farmers Weekly’s Diversification event
Whether you are starting a new project or have been established for years, these are just 5 reasons to attend:
1. Get actionable advice on how to improve your existing diversification or start a new venture
2. Learn about innovative and affordable ways to market, finance and plan that you can use right away
3. Discover how other farmers diversified and generated income for their farms and employment in their areas
4. Meet experts, local authorities and suppliers to discuss your concerns face to face
5. Catch up with other farmers to share stories and ideas
What is available at the event?
Programme highlights include:
✔ Expert advice
- gain critical insights and guidance from those who built a diversification business
✔ On farm tour
- view the farm on the day to see how it was diversified to create a new business
✔ Networking opportunities
- meet like-minded colleagues from across the UK farming industry to share experiences and ideas on diversification
✔ Speakers and panel discussions
- have your questions answered and discuss your ideas with professionals and peers
If you have any issues that you might like us to discuss on the day, please click here to email us before the event and we’ll try to address them. Whether it’s planning, marketing, financing or acquiring new skills we are interested in your personal journey and challenges so please share them with us.