Pitt Hall Farm, Kingsclere Estates Ltd, Basingstoke
21st October 2020
About Soils in Practice
Farmers Weekly’s Soils In Practice is returning for its fourth annual conference. Soils in Practice brings together experts and industry professionals from across the UK agricultural sector, providing a platform to discuss the latest advances in boosting soil fertility and best practice in soil management.
The event aims to help farmers understand some of the practical steps that can be taken to measure and promote healthy soil in a sustainable farm setting.
Experts will present interactive theoretical and practical sessions on topics including: measuring soil components, nutrient management and pest mitigation, cover crops, organic matter utilisation and the likely implications of incoming legislation on soil health.
Book your ticket now for the opportunity to learn more about how to manage soil health back on your own farm.
Why you should attend
- Receive hands-on experience by visiting one of the UK’s top farms
- Gain critical insights and guidance from expert speakers, farmer case studies and research organisations
- Meet like-minded colleagues from across the UK and share best-practice solutions and ideas for soil fertility
- Interactive sessions looking at soil management with experts out in the field
- Visit live demo plots at the event to hear the experts discuss everything from compaction and infiltration rates to measuring soil emissions
- Explore the exhbition area to meet with suppliers on the latest products and methods on soil heath
- Be part of interactive sessions looking at soil management with experts out in the field •