Land Rover in a field with grazing sheep© FLPA/Rex/Shutterstock
Anyone who wants to claim BPS in 2016 or transfer in entitlements must be an active farmer. This means they must meet the rules on this set out in the European legislation. To qualify they must complete the active farmer declaration on the BPS 2016 claim. Many farmers will automatically be active farmers but some may need to requalify. To do so they will need to provide extra information on a form completed by their accountant to demonstrate their status. […]