This tart is also lovely with desert apples or pears. It can be made ahead of time and cooked when needed.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
170g soft brown sugar (or white sugar if you prefer)
12 large ripe plums, halved and stoned
375g puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4
- Melt the butter and sugar in a pan over a low heat.
- Pour into a flan dish.
- Place the plums on top of the butter mixture.
- Roll out the pastry to the dish size.
- Place the pastry over the plums, tucking in any excess.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place a large plate over the pastry and, very carefully, turn it upside down, watching for excess juice.
- Remove the flan dish and serve.