Risottos can sometimes take a lot of stirring, but not this one.
Preparation 5-10 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
250g lean back bacon
2 sticks of celery
250g risotto rice
½ glass of white wine (optional)
700ml hot chicken/vegetable stock
175g fresh or frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180/gas 6
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof lidded pan and fry the bacon, onion and celery.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the juices.
- Pour in the wine and stock and stir well.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.