Our new chef Mary-Ann Beaty shares some recipes perfect for the harvest season.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 13oz flour
- 7g yeast
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 8fl oz warm water (approx.)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- For the filling:
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 pepper
- 6-8 rashers of smoked back bacon bacon (or cooked chopped ham)
- 4fl oz tomato passata
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6/180C Fan.
- For the dough, mix all the dry ingredients together, add the oil and most of the water and mix.
- Dry fry the bacon. When nearly cooked add the veg and cook until soft.
- Add enough passata to bind together and season to taste.
- Divide the dough into six even pieces and roll each into a circle.
- Place a spoonful of the bacon mixture on one side of each circle leaving a centimetre gap at the edge.
- Chop the mozzarella and place on top with a few torn basil leaves.
- Use your finger to damp the edge of the dough with a little water and fold the dough over. Seal using thumb and finger.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 12-15min.
See more Farm Chef recipes