Asda puts £400m behind British food
SUPERMARKET chain Asda is going on the offensive behind farmers with a three-year, £400 million initiative to promote British meat and produce.
It has pledged to choose British meat, produce and dairy products whenever it can in preference to overseas supplies.
The initiative will be backed by a £4m advertising campaign. It follows the companys decision in October to ban fresh New Zealand lamb from its shelves to make room for British lamb.
- The Times 18/12/98 page 27, page 29 (Commentary)
- The Independent 18/12/98 page 21, page 23
- Financial Times 18/12/98 page 24 (Lex), page 25
- The Guardian 18/12/98 page 23
- The Daily Telegraph 18/12/98 page 11, page 31, page 33 (City Comment)