Brazil bids for coffee stability
BRAZIL is to hold coffee auctions this week in an attempt to restore stability in agricultural policy.
The president disrupted the nations coffee, sugar and alcohol policy on 16 July by transferring responsibility for the sectors from Ministry for Development, Industry and Commerce to the Agriculture Ministry.
- Brazil exports record coffee crop, FWi, 30 July, 1999
- Brazil in court over coffee, FWi, 22 July, 1999
- Brazils coffee exports hit a record, FWi, 14 July, 1999
- Africans try to save coffee deal, FWi, 02 June, 1999
- Brazil spawns new coffee alliance, FWi, 07 April, 1999
- Financial Times 02/08/99 page 42 (FT Guide to the Week)