Italian ham producers in Lords appeal
ITALIAN ham producers are to appeal to the House of Lords against a ruling allowing Asda to sell meat processed in the UK under the Parma brand name.
The Italian producers organisation, Consorzodel Prosciutto di Parma, argues that only ham produced and packaged in Italy should be sold as Parma ham.
Asda argues that slicing and packaging imported ham is both legal and cheaper.
- Asda in High Court action over Parma ham, FWi, 29 October, 1998
- Italians fight Asda over Parma ham, FWi, 14 January, 1999
- The Times 26/05/99 page 11 (News in Brief)
- The Independent 26/05/99 page 6 (In Brief)
- Financial Times 26/05/99 page 12 (News Digest)